Thursday, June 19, 2008

Update and it's great!

So don't be late, for it's a special date. What is the rate? What's that? A grate turned into a gate!

I've used the Infinity Razor a little more than a dozen times with no dulling at all. Was quite surprised. It shaves a little differently, feels a little different on the skin. The second or third time it felt like it was pulling, but once warm water softened the skin and was on the blade that went away. Does a pretty good job I must say. Doesn't glide, but it doesn't have the lubrication strip like I'm used to.

One thing that was odd. Maybe the company went under? Who knows. But I sent off for the free nose hair trimmer ($5 shipping). My mail was returned. There are some websites that offer it along with purchase (no mail in deal), but they cost you about $20. I paid ten for my razor at Wal-Martz.

So, I bought a new vacuum. Years ago, I was the dreaded vacuum salesman. You've heard me say time and time again that I won't sell anything I don't use and don't beleive in. That's why I don't sell politicians. (That went over someone's head). Electrolux has been a household name for generations and decades. Within the past few years they sold the name to Eureka. So, those of you going to Lowe's thinking you're getting the same vacuum quality your grandma had, you're mistaken. The new Electrolux is now called Aerus, or Aerus Electrolux, often with a model of vacuum called "Lux". The design is simple, yet brilliant. A top feed bag. How do we fill up bags? From the top. Trying to do it bottom up is like pissing in the wind. Two motors. One just for the brush, another just for suction. A bypass suction piping system. Nothing ever goes into the motor. I found a reconditioned Electrolux Prolux (commercial model) for less than $200. Where? At www.bargainhuntersvacuum.com. They sent me the vacuum and it was missing a piece that holds the handle on. I made one call and it was sent out next day air. Talk about service. The guy new exactly what I was talking about and had it on it's way before we even hung up.

They are built rugged and dependable. I'll put it next to any vacuum on the market. There is one other that is quite good. However, it's design is identical. I beleive it's a Lindhaus. They're the German version, I beleive.

I've used all sorts, but the Electrolux keeps me coming back. I've used all the top brands. Kirby, Rainbow, you name it. Kirby is pure crap. They don't last more than a couple of years, have tons of problems and don't pick up squat. Rainbows work pretty good, but you have to perform surgery just to vacuum. Put water in, dump it at least twice before finished vacuuming. Put water away, take it apart, blah blah blah....too much work. Just let me clean my floor already. And they don't do that much greater of a job. BTW, if you like those you can get a new one at that website for less than $850.

No comments: