Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I am a chosen one!

Several weeks ago, I was surfing the net just reading about various photo contests. There is one company, which I beleive goes under many names, the most popular picture.com.

I signed up for an account with picture.com and submitted my photo.

Prior to this I had read that it's pretty much a scam, they try this and that to get money from you and it seemed as if anyone is selected.

They have several categories you can submit your photos to. I chose some lame, pathetic, blurry, underexposed, horrible picture...not only that was difficult to see, it made just no sense. It was the worst one I could find. I can't remember what it was, but beleive it was one of my dogs. I do know that I incorrectly submitted it to the wrong category as well!! For instance, the dog was in the flowers section.

Despite all this, a few days ago, I was a semi-finalist. Today, I have been selected to go to Las Vegas and display my art! I also have received complimentary airline tickets. Oh, wait..I missed the show this year. They said I couldn't make it. I don't remember telling them that. I'm always up for a trip to Vegas...my kids live there! Anywho...maybe next year. After all, these are complimentary tickets, right? Now to get out the magnifier and read the small print. I mean, uh..I'm certain it's legit. But I just want to make sure.

YEAH RIGHT!

I wanted to see just how "giving" this company was. And, it's true, they select everyone. So, sign up. You can then say you have some award winning photographs.

No comments: