Saturday, April 5, 2008

Ouch!!

I got bit by my dog the other day. They were fighting for some reason and me trying to mimmick Cesar, placed my hand into the mouth of the dog biting to place pressure on the pressure point there, in hopes of her releasing her grip. She did. And, when she did, the dog that was in the hold from the other dog turned to bite the biter and caught my hand in the process. It got infected and I had to stay a few days in the hospital. They are all fine now. I went to my follow up this week and the doctor says everything looks great. I said I don't have feeling in the tip of my thumb and that it hurts constantly. He said this was normal. Huh? Okay, then. Still hurts. The hospital sucked! I lived 30 years with dogs and never bit by my own. (This was my fault and accidental on the dogs' part. She wasn't trying to bite me.) And, I've never stayed in the hospital! The time that I do...is from a dog bite! Kind of insane. I would have enjoyed my stay at this "hotel", had it been a time when I didn't have my kids. Ahhh....to have nurses wait on your every beck and call, sleep, eat, sleep, eat, get a needle in your hiney, sleep, read a book, just totally lose all concept of time.

While there, I received a visit from the Chaplain. I invited her in and was glad that I did. We had an interesting talk, about nothing in general and then a short prayer, then her departure. I really admire their work and their position.

All in all, the "stay" wasn't bad. The staff took real good care of me. I thank them for that. I wasn't what you'd call a model patient.

A year or so ago I had my gallbladder removed. I learned then that I do not do so well in pain. This time was no different.




Some other news....we lost a member of our pack earlier this month. She was a great member of the pack and a special member of the family. She will be dearly missed and loved forever. I was going to post a photo, but it's still fresh, still saddens me greatly.

Okay, some good news now....our newest male GSD is celebrating his one year birthday on April 15th!

We have obtained some new, high quality equipment to better enhance your photo sessions!

We are beta product testers for a new product...more details to come! (It's a photography product)

No comments: